Here are some tips for Tee Time to help prevent injury:
- Arrive 30 mins early to do warm-up exercises.
- Place your club behind your back and carefully rotate your trunk for several minutes to warm up your body.
- Increase your golf swing gradually from short irons to longer irons to your driver. Ease yourself into the fuller swings. A high degree of spinal rotation with out a gradual warm-up can lead to low back injuries.
- Pay attention to your set-up posture:
- Bend your knees slightly into a relaxed position
- Bend forward from the hips, keeping your back straight
- Arms should hang straight down comfortably while gripping the club
- Keep hydrated!! Dehydration leads to fatigue which increases risk of injury